ROI of Email Marketing, what are the Statistics?
Email Marketing and ROI. How are they connected?
Let’s find out,
“E-mail marketing” What comes to your mind when you hear this word?
It’s a waste of Time.
Yes, it is true. Most of us think ROI of Email Marketing is dead.
With all the new up-gradation in the Digital World: Chatbots, webinars Virtual Reality and more, it looks as if emails are no longer significant to reach your customers,
Don’t be fooled.
If you believe email marketing is dead, you are mistaken. Email Marketing is still vital and has a strong impact. Moreover, it may be a promising strategy for your Business.
Surely, it is still booming. With the ROI of up to 4400% and $44 for every $1 spent, email marketing magnetizes potential customers.
Email marketing is all about informing, engaging and keeping customers intact , and not about spamming the inboxes as everyone thinks of it. However, if you keep sending irrelevant mails, then surely it would lower your ROI of email marketing. In spite of a well-designed email, if it is not beneficial to your target, it binds you to spend more amount without getting desired results.
Therefore, you can find a myriad of articles about how to write creative emails, how you can improvise and increase success through emails. For a better understanding of its importance, let’s have a glance over the impact of email marketing and ROI statistics.
So, here is why statistics so essential?
To make the most out of email marketing in 2018 and 2019, let’s gaze at a compiled list on ROI of Email Marketing- Statistics for 2019 and predictions for 2020. This will assist you to form successful email campaigns in the coming years.
- Email Marketing is one of the most powerful basis of information for business-to-business audiences, after Colleague recommendations and the industry leaders.
- There are 6 times more chances of getting a click-through from the email marketing campaign than from a tweet.
- Almost 86% of professionals believe that emails are the most preferred means of business communication.
- In Accordance to Radicati Group research, there were over 3.8 billion email users during 2018. Which means over half of the world uses email right now. They expect it will raise up to 4.2 billion by the end of 2022.
- On average, around 205 million emails are sent every day and around 74 trillion emails per year.
- For the “3 Monster” of social media (Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter), the engagement rate isn’t even 0.6%. Compared to that, email’s average open rate is of 22.86% and even its click-through rate is 3.71%. Emails reach to most of the people for who they’re intended for, so email marketing remains an indispensable part of your marketing strategy.
- Certainly, consumers prefer email for being in touch with the brands they’re connected with, according to Adestra. According to MarketingSherpa, about 60% of patrons subscribe to a brand’s list to get promotional emails and deals compared to only 20% that follow brands on social media.
- Marketers also prefer emails. 91% of B2B marketers in a Content promotion institution study rated email as “significant” or “extremely important” to their content marketing distribution efforts.
- 53.49% of emails sent are classified as spam as of the latest numbers available on Statista. Hence, it’s easy to see how consumers could easily be put off by getting the wrong emails.
- Consumers have the power to get rid of irrelevant emails. Single way to make sure that your email isn’t on the chopping block is to include smart personalization that goes beyond just using subscribers’ first names.
What will Email Marketing look like in coming years?
“Looking forward to the coming years, what do you think is the most important change to email marketing will be?”
The Major changes according to Brand Marketers:
- AI- Artificial Intelligence–Most of the decisions and campaign planning will become automated.
- Far more automated and intelligent email marketing. Existing Content will be hauled from existing sources, and there will be less pressure on marketers to do it manually.
- Subscriber Experience “Email will become almost a ‘luxury’ channel. Customers’ email addresses will be set aside for highly relevant, personalized content and brands which cannot get a second chance. It will be one of the channels with the uppermost and fastest-growing ROI.” Create lifetime worth for subscribers and keep your email marketing focused on subscribers.
- Voice-based interaction. As people move away from using display, emails copy needs to work equally well for someone who reads it, or having it read to them.
- Web-like experience within the email (shopping, buying, exploring, etc.) without the need to launch into a browser.
- Storytelling and Interactivity. Email marketing will be all about subscribers. So, connect them with interesting stories and look for ways they can interact with your content.
- Content Combinations (+ TESTING). Start trying out new content grouping to see what works with your subscribers. Do they like longer emails or get click-happy after seeing pictures?
- Non-Linear Sales Funnel. The internet has evolved in the way we market online. But, the biggest thing is that the sales pipeline is less linear. Instead, there are multiple touch points where leads might come into contact with your brand. The good news is that email marketing is a great way to connect with leads no matter how well they are aware of your brand.
- Advertisers have understood the potential of emails and so you can now see advertisements on your mail header too. This is a comparatively new space in PPC advertisements where companies are getting brand awareness and revenue.
So, now in today’s time, consumers will look forward to an even more authentic and interactive email experience where marketers will have to use more tools and technologies to deliver that.
Do you still think email marketing is dead? It’s clear that the reports of email marketing’s death are exaggerated.
Far-off from being dead, email marketing is alive, sound, and progressively more relevant for you to reach audiences across demographics. Give yourself a head start by upgrading yourself in the new trends in email marketing. ROI of Email Marketing is far better than many other channels. So connect with an inbound digital marketing company in Ahmedabad.